I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Happy Fall Y'all


Fall is one of my most favorite times of the year, next to Christmas. I always look forward to the cool days, soups, fall decorations, pumpkin spiced lattes from Starbucks, turtlenecks, thanksgiving, pumpkins, canton trips, yummy "fall" candles, and the list goes on. This year however, I'll be hunting with my husband. He has been busy getting his deer stand ready, building ladders, and putting corn out for the deer. I think I'll just like being in the stand with him. I hope I can be quiet or I'll probably not be allowed back. HA!! I wonder if bass pro has pink huntin clothes? :) We will be hunting in Athens this year and staying at our grandparents house. I love their house....their back porch looks out into the woods. I could sit on the back porch and drink coffee all day with my mother-in law and her mother. Very quaint ........I can't wait. Michelle (my mother-in-law) and I just love to cook. We're always looking for yummy new recipes. It's a joke b/c when Jeremy and I first started dating in high school he would always ask me what I wanted to do. My response was always...."what's Michelle cooking for dinner..lets just hang out over there." Throughout our dating relationship we were always over at his parent's house and we still are today. We love being with our family. Anyways, Michelle is a magnificent cook and she has taught me a lot. So I thought I would post one our favorite fall recipes.....

Mexican Chicken-Corn Chowder

Ingredients
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
4 skinned and boned chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces (1 1/2 pounds)
1 small onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups half-and-half
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
2 (14 3/4-ounce) cans cream-style corn
1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles, undrained
1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Garnishes: chopped fresh cilantro, Anaheim chile , sour cream


Preparation
Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add chicken, onion, and garlic, and sauté 10 minutes. Stir in next 7 ingredients; cook over low heat, stirring often, 15 minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons cilantro. Garnish, if desired. It's also wonderful with tortilla chips.


Enjoy and again.....Happy Fall!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I want some now!!!!Can't wait for deer season and Yes they have pink clothes because I have bought some of them all. Can't sacrifice cuteness and fashion for the woods. There is room for both in my world. So glad you love us- you are stuck with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMMMM...that sounds delicious! I love new recipes...will have to try soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. keep posting recipes. i love trying new things!

    ReplyDelete