I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Caroline Grace Cheney


I have been meaning to blog about Caroline's birth but it just seems I have had zero time:) We are still learning and adjusting after becoming a family of four.

All I can say is that God is so good and gracious. Before I got pregnant,  Jeremy and I were advised not to have any more children. After a rough delivery with Graham I was admitted back to the hospital for high blood pressure, pulmonary edema and peripartum cardiomyopathy. The doctor at the time said it was all bc of fluid overload but I was still treated for heart failure for many months to follow. Tough time.  I was scared to death to even think about having more children. Didn't even want to talk with Jerermy about the possibility of becoming pregnant. Fear became my stronghold. I ended up seeing a new doctor a couple of years later and he strongly advised no future pregnancies. Really tough time! So for a while I just believed that becoming pregnant again was not in the cards for us again. However, I never had a peace about it. I scheduled a check-up with the cardiologist that treated me in the hospital and he stood by what he believed from the beginning...that we could have more children. I desperately wanted to have another baby..only if it was the Lord's will. Jeremy and I prayed and the Lord gave us a complete peace about it. I really had never heard the voice of God so clearly. We made a decision to trust the Lord and I'm so glad we did. We knew he would take care of me and the precious baby he had planned for us.

Every prayer that I prayed throughout the pregnancy was answered. I had the easiest delivery with her. I had a two day induction with G and with C things went much quicker. I prayed I would never swell and I didn't..not even in the hospital. I actually had a long list of prayers in my notes on my phone that I would pray for daily and literally every single prayer was answered. God is good!  I was admitted on a Sunday night and the plan was to induce early Monday morning ( Sept 17th). I was a little nervous about inducing again but the Lord continued to remind me that He was in control. Things moved so quickly that the nurses and the Dr. barely had time to prep. I was dilated to an 8 when I got my epidural and as soon as I could lay down after getting that I was a 10. They made me wait 20 minutes to push so my epidural would set in. Most painful 20 minutes of my life:) So I pushed 2 times and Caroline Grace made her entrance into the world at 8:14 that morning. She weighed 7 lbs 7oz and was 19.5 inches long. She was perfect.

In choosing her name, we knew we wanted to use Grace as her middle name. Not only is the name Grace on both sides of our families but it was by Gods grace we were having another baby. By God's grace, every prayer we prayed was answered. We are truly blessed!



So here are a few picture of God's Grace....

 
 
Big brother was so excited!!

 
 
To God be the glory, great things He hath done!





3 comments:

  1. Our God is so good. Love each of you so very much. What joy that sweet Caroline has already brought into our lives. Praying earnestly for all of you daily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so faithful!

    She is so, so beautiful! Keep on blogging. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a testament of your's and Jeremy's faith! Such a blessing, I can't wait to see her in person and get some kisses! Love you!

    ReplyDelete